We have been experiencing some beautiful weather in our area! The porch isn’t just a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors, but it’s a great place to host guests. Right now is the perfect time for hosting outdoor parties and gatherings, so we have compiled a few tips on how to spruce up your front porch to impress your guests this spring. A well-put together porch will also increase the curb appeal of your home.
- Remove unnecessary items and clutter. If you have unneeded items that only serve as clutter with no aesthetic value, find another place to store these items.
- Clean the porch. Sweep off any debris that may have found its way onto the porch. Washing the porch walls, floor and furniture will also give the porch a cleaner, fresh look.
- If it needs it, consider adding a new coat of paint. You will be surprised how a new, fresh coat of paint can completely revive an area like your porch.
- Install fans. If you have a covering on your porch, think about installing fans. These will be great for keeping the area cooler in the warmer weather and they can also work to keep pests like mosquitoes and gnats away while you are outside on your porch. Outdoor fans will give your porch charm and will certainly impress your guests.
- Update your porch furniture. If your porch furniture has reached the end of its rope, look into purchasing matching outdoor furniture to give your porch a great, comfortable place to lounge with your guests.
We hope these tips will help you when you are sprucing your porch up for your springtime gatherings. If you have any other tips you would like to share, stop by our Facebook page and leave us a comment!
For more information about Panoply Interior Design and Consulting and how we can work with you to redesign your home or business – give us a call at (770) 251-3557 or contact us on the web: www.panoplyinteriordesign.com. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Pinterest. We look forward to connecting with you.