With the current state of the real estate market, some are having a hard time trying to sell their home. If you are trying to sell your home, adding curb appeal to your home may help the process. Even if your home is not currently on the market, adding curb appeal to your home will make it even more attractive for you and your family. Check out some of our favorite ideas for adding curb appeal to the home:
- Replace out of date hardware. This can include: Light fixtures, door handles/lock sets, house numbers, wall-mounted mailboxes, etc. When you replace your hardware, choose pieces that match or flow together.
- Get a new mailbox. Some neighborhoods with require that all mailboxes are the same, but if you are not held back by that rule, find a mailbox that will complement the personality of your home. An interesting, yet classy mailbox will increase the curb appeal of your home.
- Plant a garden. Flowers are a wonderful way to add beauty and curb appeal to your home. It doesn’t have to be complicated either. It can be as simple as lining both sides of your porch steps with various potted flowers. Don’t have a green thumb? Consider hiring someone to get your garden started.
- Paint or upgrade siding. If you have an older home, odds are that the paint or siding could use a major overhaul. Giving the exterior portion of your home a makeover can make your home appear several years younger, giving it great curb appeal.
- Install walkway lighting. Not only does this look great, but also creates a sense of safety. There are various styles to choose from, including solar lights.
We hope that these tips will help you increase the curb appeal of your home. For more information about Panoply Interior Design & Consulting or how we can assist you in transforming your home – give us a call at (770) 251-4557 or contact us online: www.panoplyinteriordesign.com. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.