How to bring color to your house:
- Use the 60-30-10 rule. This states that 60% of your room should be a dominant color, or your walls, 30% should be a secondary color, for example your upholstered furniture, and 10% should be an accent color like a furniture accent piece, pillow, or artwork/decorations.
- You can use the same color scheme throughout multiple rooms in the house by just changing the way you use it. For example if your living room has a bright red couch, you can use red placemats in your dining room to connect the spaces.
- To make a space more formal, use contrasting colors like navy blue and gold.
- To create a restful feel in a space simply combine colors that are close to each other like beige and tan.
- Colors can relate to emotions. So when selecting the colors to use in a room, remember to consider what the room is going to be used for.
Always remember not to be afraid to bring color into a room.