Want to update your space? Here are some ways to create a design statement in your rooms:
- Add color to an unusual place. For example, you could add a bright color or wallpaper with a pattern to the back of a bookshelf.
- Don’t be afraid to add pattern to you room. You can add pattern in many different ways. You can add it with wallpaper if you want to go bold, or you can add it with curtains, pillows, or rugs.
- Another way to make a change is to update what you already own. You can take a lamp and paint it and add a new shade to create a completely different look.
- One great rule to break is staying with the same style. Playing with different styles in furniture can add character to a room.
- Adding your pop of color to your ceiling can be an interesting way to incorporate color. You may even want to try it in high gloss paint to make it even more of a statement.
- Having an attention-grabbing light fixture is a great way to make a statement in a room.