With Spring right on the horizon, what better time is there to freshen your home? With new flowers in bloom, warm weather and longer days – spring is the perfect time to add a fresh flair to your home. Here are some of our favorite ideas for a quick and easy, DIY spruce up: 1. Liven up your furniture with new pillows and cushions. Adding pillows or cushions to the furniture in your living room is an easy way to add new colors, patterns and style to your home. Maybe your living room is a bit ‘blah’ – spruce it up with some vibrant, stylish pillows.
2. Add window treatments. If you don’t have window treatments on the windows in your home or if your existing window treatments are boring and outdated – try adding new window treatments that exhibit a fresh style to accessorize the rest of the room.
3. Swap out pieces. Maybe you aren’t ready to purchase new pieces of furniture or accessories for your home. If that is the case, try swapping pieces out from other rooms.
4. Make a flooring change. Maybe you have had your eye on hardwood floors for years, or you have been waiting to make the switch to carpet. Now is the time! Make the switch for a whole new look in your home. If you are not ready to install new flooring – use a floor rug to add a fresh style to your room. They will also help protect your existing flooring if used in high-traffic areas.
5. If you have tile in your kitchen or bathrooms – consider re-grouting to create a ‘like-new’ look in those rooms.
6. Change out the art work. Simply changing out the art work around your home with new, interesting pieces is a quick way to freshen the look in your home.
Those are just a few of our favorite ideas for freshening up the home on a budget. If you are ready to achieve the home of your dreams – give Panoply Interior Design & Consulting a call at (770) 251-4557. We will be happy to work with you in making your dream home a reality. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter where we share helpful tips, articles and ideas. We look forward to connecting with you.